This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

This week, the trailer for the new upcoming Spiderman film, Spider-Man: Far From Home, was released. The trailer features characters from the first film, and a new character(s)/possibly villain? The most notable new character is”Mysterio,” played by Jake Gyllenhaal.

The film is set to follow leading actor, Tom Holland (Spider-man), as he sets out on his high school trip to Europe. Prior to leaving for his trip, he decides to leave behind his Spider-man suit, believing that the public will not need the help of the New-York-local hero overseas.

It is most likely that the period in which the film takes place is set prior to the time of “Avengers: Infinity War” where –SPOILER ALERT– half of the world is set to die once Thanos captures all the infinity stones, Spider-man being one of them.

There are no clues in the trailer for the new Spider-man film in regards to Avengers: Endgame.

Spider-Man: Far From Home is set to be released July 5th, 2019.

Andrea K. Vazquez. Hi y'all! I'm currently a first-year Communication major at University of Illinois-Chicago. I'm considering working in Journalism or some form of Media/Public Relations.
UIC Contributor.