Songs To Shake Your ASSets To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Spring Break 2011 is officially here! Whether you’re going to paradise or staying home on break, its time to get pumped! Now is the time to go out to a club (or in front of your mirror) and have a good time with no worries. Here are some jams that will get your heart racing:

1.     “Take Over Control” by Afrojack f/ Eva Simons

Dutch DJ Afrojack produced this go-hard song with singer Eva Simons. It has been quite the hit in European countries and reached #1 on the US Hot Dance Club chart. Simons evokes confidence and sexiness in “Take Over Control.” When the chorus comes in place, you will not know what hit you. It has one of the best dance beats out there and will make you sweaty just listening to it.

2.     “Spaceship” by Benny Benassi f/ Kelis, Apl.de.ap & Jean-Baptiste

World famous house DJ Benny Benassi collaborated on this energetic track with Kelis, Jean-Baptiste and the Black Eyed Pea’s Apl.de.ap. The track is very futuristic and is the epitome of a good time. With lyrics like, “I got my head in a dream, got my head in a cloud, ?I can fly I can fly I can fly,” who wouldn’t be happy dancing to this song?

3.     “Too Much” by Kylie Minogue

Here is a dance song with a little more heart. People call Kylie Minogue the Madonna of Europe. Minogue laments complications with her current relationship in this fine track. Produced by famous electro pop musician Calvin Harris, “Too Much” is a great, rhythmic track for those looking for a little more sense in their club songs.

4.     “Do It Like This” by The Black Eyed Peas

Perhaps the most different track on this list, “Do It Like This” has more of a hip-hop flavor. However, it is the breakdown at the 3:00 mark that makes the song one of the best to dance to. An escalating chainsaw noise leads to a hypnotic electro beat. One of the finer songs on the Pea’s new album, this song will put you in a trance.