Style > Beauty

The Solution To Removing Water Proof Makeup

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As someone who has been wearing waterproof mascara for years, I know the struggle of removing it. I used to end up rubbing my eyes until they were red and have my eyelashes fall out from them. I have tried many products and various ways of removing eye makeup. From different brands of makeup wipes, to even natural methods, such as coconut oil.  Many of these methods left my eyes burning or my face feeling greasy. So, I decided I was not going to stop trying to remove my makeup, using whatever methods I could find, until I found something that worked; I loved my waterproof mascara way too much to give it up!

Then, I tried Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing water, and I finally found what I was looking for! Just shake the bottle, apply some on a cotton pad, place it on your closed eyelid for a bit and then wipe your eyes clean. You can also use this on your facial makeup too! Afterwards, wash your entire face with your favorite face wash and don’t forget to moisturize. This has been the only waterproof makeup remover I have tried that actually works thus far, and if you don’t believe me, try it yourself.

(Photo by author)

Joy is an undergraduate student at University of Illinois at Chicago pursuing Nursing, with an end goal of becoming a CRNA. She loves spicy chips, R&B, and the summer time. She likes being artistic and expressing her creativity through painting, drawing, and makeup during her free time. You can find her doing homework listening to some Frank Ocean on most days.
UIC Contributor.