Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Seven Places To Eat Under $7 Near UIC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Looking for a place to eat but on a college budget? Don’t worry, we know what it’s like to have a few dollars to spare on food! Here are seven good restaurants near the University of Illinois at Chicago that offer filling meals for only $7 or less!

Bar Louie: $5 Burgers

If you’re looking for a cheap, gourmet burger, Bar Louie is the place to go! Be sure to head there on Tuesdays to get a delicious burger for only $5.

They are open from 11:00 am- 2:00 am

Located at 1325 S Halsted St, Chicago, IL 

Fontano’s Subs: $5-$7

If you’re in the mood for a submarine sandwich but are sick of Subway? Try Fontano’s! With their large selection of subs and toppings, it’s definitely worth trying! It’s just a short walk (about two blocks) from the Richard Daley Library.

Located at 1058 W Polk St, Chicago, IL

Buffalo Wild Wings: $6

Craving wings? Stuck between B-dubs and Wingstop? Treat yourself to a small order of boneless wings for only $6 on Thursdays! Every Thursday, B-dubs offers boneless wings for only 60 cents a piece. Yep, we calculated it….10 pieces would only come out to about $6.

Located at 513 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL

Chilango: $3

Ever wonder where to get authentic, cheap, and tasty tacos? Chilango is the place for you! Although it’s a bit of a walk, you won’t regret going! They offer steak, chicken, and even vegetarian tacos for only $3. Celebrate Taco Tuesday without hurting your wallet!

Located at 1437 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL

Yummy Thai: $7

Wok Noodles, Thai Curry, Fried Rice, and much more for only $7! This restaurant offers a variety of delicious and authentic Thai meals for a reasonable price. Not only that, but the portions are HUGE!

Located at 1418 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL

Big G’s Pizza: $5

We all know you can never go wrong with pizza. Support your local pizza shop by grabbing some pizza at Big G’s! You could order pizza by the slice for only $3.75. You can also add a can of soda for $1 more.

Located at 1132 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL

Eggsperience: $6

If you ever wake up craving pancakes, this is the place to go! Grab a stack of fluffy, original, buttermilk pancakes for only about $6! You could never go wrong with pancakes.

Located at 1230 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL

Hello everyone! My name is Ranya and I am a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I am undeclared and on the pre-med track. Something to know about me is that I love exploring the city, so you could always catch me biking around!
UIC Contributor.