This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Lately, it seems like Chicagoland has been seeing a lot of the same races. The Color Run, The Hot Chocolate Run, and of course the Chicago Marathon for all you over-achievers. Recently I came across a new 5K that is unlike any of the others. It’s called The Rave Run and it’s coming to Chicago on April 27th!

The Rave Run takes place at night, and according to their website runners will “experience a nocturnal wonderland with 3.1miles of stunning lights and music.” It was founded in 2012 by an runner, artist, and insomniac. He succesfully created a 5K that includes the best of all three of these aspects.

The Chicago race starts at 8:30 pm at the Peggy Notebaert Museum. Tickets are about $50 per person, but are cheaper if you are running with a group of four or more people. This seems more of a party than a 5K, which is probably what most collegiettes would rather be doing anyway. Volunteers will provide you with LED bracelets, a t-shirt, and glow sticks. Participants are encouraged to deck themselves with full glow attire as well!

After the race there is a huge party that all runners are encouraged to attend. This 5K was started only a year ago but it is clear why it has been a complete success. If you want something unique and out of the ordinary, then this is the race for you! It will be an unforgettable and fun experience for you and your friends.  For more information, visit their official website: Theraverun.com. Like them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter for updates!