Priyanka Chopra- Newlywed to Nick Jonas, and One Badass Superwoman!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As seen throughout the media outlets well known Jonas Brother, Nick Jonas, is now a married man. His wife is known as Priyanka Chopra. Although not known in the United States, she happens to be a star and a highly influential figure.

Chopra has had experience on several forms of media from acting, singing, and producing. She is recognized as one of India’s highest paid celebrities.

Before hitting the pageant and Bollywood screen, Chopra wanted to study aeronautical engineering.

In 2016, Chopra was named as 100 most influential people in the world by Times, and in 2017, was listed in Forbes World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in the World.

Her philanthropy work is mainly done through her own foundation “The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education”. The organization helps unprivileged children in country areas. She activates for women’s education, gender equality, and against issues such as infanticide and foeticide.

We can see why Nick Jonas was quick to put a ring on it!

Andrea K. Vazquez. Hi y'all! I'm currently a first-year Communication major at University of Illinois-Chicago. I'm considering working in Journalism or some form of Media/Public Relations.
UIC Contributor.