roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Preparing Your Room For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Now that summer’s finally coming to an end, we’re all looking forward to our favorite season. Yep, fall! We all know we love the autumn vibes and just the fact that fall means Halloween and Thanksgiving are coming! Whether it’s your dorm, apartment, or room, here are some ways you can prepare your living space for fall:

1. Scented Candles

We all know we love going to Bath and Body Works to smell the candles. Now’s your time to invest in a warm-scented candle! The store offers a variety of fall scented candles, you’ll surely find the right autumn scent for you. Believe me, it really does get you into the autumn vibes.

2. Air Fresheners

After buying your new candle, consider buying a new air freshener! Many local stores offer a variety of warm scented air fresheners to make your whole space smell like fall, it’s definitely a great, cheap alternative to freshen the air!

3. A New Mug

Yep, time to invest in a new mug! Whether you’re a coffee lover or a tea lover, buying a new mug will enhance your experience. You could take some instagram-worthy pictures with your mug to add to your feed as we enter this new season. 

4. Chai and Hot Cocoa

Time to switch up the daily coffee routine with some new alternatives! Make sure to add some chai to your fridge and a couple packs of hot chocolate to your pantry! For those who have never tried it, Chai is a creamy drink that includes cinnamon, milk, tea, and a combination of many other spices (served both hot and cold). If you’re not a tea person, definitely consider stocking on hot chocolate!

5. Pumpkin Spice Flavored Creamer

As cliché as it may sound, pumpkin spice flavored items are pretty good! If you’re trying to get creative with your coffee, just simply add some pumpkin spice flavored creamer! A small amount will go a long way!

Hello everyone! My name is Ranya and I am a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I am undeclared and on the pre-med track. Something to know about me is that I love exploring the city, so you could always catch me biking around!
UIC Contributor.