This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

“Massage therapy is my passion!” -Maria Stauber of Oxygen Spa Studio

(Maria Stauber in front of her studio)

Maria Stauber is a University of Illinois at Chicago graduate from 2011, who majored in psychology with a minor in sociology and physiology. Stauber always wanted to start her own business in massage therapy.

When asked about her business, Stauber knew what she wanted. Starting off in a small space, it started to grow little by little, improving quickly with products. Stauber did not want a full location, “I want it to be a welcoming environment, not a sell-sell-sell one” says Stauber. Her business was able to get up and running with the help of her husband. Stauber did not attend business school; she had no knowledge of petty cash, QuickBooks, or even accounting, but she had great credit! When she first opened Oxygen Spa Studio five years ago, she had used all her money for her dream, but she knew that it was going to work.

As a courtesy of Her Campus UIC promoting the business, Maria and her wonderful staff gave each of the attendees a complimentary hand scrub!

(Maria and Daisy discuss the hand scrubs that the girls will be receiving)

(Joan and a HC UIC attendee getting a hand scrub)

Located at 400 S Green St, in downtown Chicago, is a small, welcoming studio. Upon entering, you are immediately immersed into the environment. Greeted by the staff and offered a beverage and slippers while you wait, you are surrounded by elements of nature such as greenery, sunlight, and water. Stauber says, “we need to be a part of nature to be healthy.” The interior of the studio is vintage and nature-based décor, an escape from our daily working lives; there is no focus on buying or selling. Stauber believes that instead of being bombarded with an office desk and an unpleasant staff member, you are a guest in the studio, and should be treated as such.

(Molly showing the girls her workstation–she is the aesthetician.)

Thank you, Maria and staff, for providing all of us with a relaxing environment, wonderful service, and a way to escape the hustle and bustle of city life in Chicago.

“Oxygen Spa Studio: Where Life Meets Quiet Close enough to the heart of the city, far enough to be a destination!” -oxygenspastudio.com

oxygenspastudio@gmail.com

400 S. Green St., Chicago, IL 60607

312.846.1047

Hours:

Sunday-Friday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday: Closed

$10 parking available at Giordano’s (Under two hours) $14 parking available at Giordano’s (Over two hours)

Current specials include:

$160 for 60 min Wrap, 30 min Facial and 60 min Swedish massage- Book Now

Regular price: $230

$190 for 60 min Wrap, 60 min Facial and 60 min Swedish massage- Book Now

Regular price: $270

The Fine Print
·         Limit 1 per person. May buy up to 3 as gifts. May not be combined with any other offer. Taxes, tips, gratuities extra. 30 min facial does not include extractions. Standard appointment/cancellation policy applies. One redemption per person, no exceptions. Valid Monday-Friday only until June 30, 2018.

(Photos courtesy of Liliana Padilla)

My name is Maggie, and I am currently a junior at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). My major is English, with a concentration in professional and technical writing. Currently, I am interning at Classic Chicago Magazine, an online magazine located in the city of Chicago, and I am one of their social media correspondents. Being a member of HerCampus UIC is wonderful opportunity and exactly what I need to learn how to achieve my goals while enhancing my writing and technology skills.
UIC Contributor.