david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Nostalgia Filled Halloween Movies and Shows To Binge Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays because, to me, it kicked off the holiday season that leads up to Thanksgiving and Christmas! But, I mostly loved watching Halloween-themed movies and television show episodes. Here’s a list of ten Halloween specials that will bring up some nostalgia from your childhood. 

Twitches and Twitches Too

This movie series made me wish that I had a long-lost twin sister somewhere! Honestly though, “the darkness” (one of the evil characters in this movie series) continues to scare me until today. 

Halloweentown franchise (first three movies)

I absolutely loved the Halloweentown franchise, in particular, the first three films (sorry Return to Halloweentown but no one can replace Kimberly J. Brown as Marnie Piper), do a great job in presenting the magic of the monster-filled world.

Hocus Pocus

Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire

I found this movie absolutely hilarious when I was younger! As a fan of The Nanny, I couldn’t get over Mr. Sheffield playing a vampire. From the vampire teeth to “Dimitri” being sealed in a coffin at the end, this was one of my favorite (and for some reason, funniest) movies that I watched as a kid. 

Don’t Look Under the Bed

Contrary to Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire, I was not able to sleep for almost a week after watching this movie! In fact, I still avoid watching this movie. I wasn’t surprised to learn that the movie was too scary for the network’s audience. Regardless, this was the first movie that gave me nightmares as a child. 

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Although not a Disney movie, this film features Halloween magic, adventure, a love story, and, of course, the adorable twin sisters. 

The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody-The Ghost of Suite 613

If the candle blowing out, followed by the ghost of Irene entering Esteban’s body then uttering the words “she’s here” didn’t give you the chills, I applaud your bravery. 

Hannah Montana-Torn Between Two Hannah’s

To be honest, even though we hate evil cousin Luanne for pretending to be Hannah, who wouldn’t want to be Hannah Montana? 

That’s So Raven-Don’t Have a Cow

My favorite memory of this episode is that I made my family watch it with me during Thanksgiving and terrified some of my cousins. But honestly, is there anything scarier than becoming a COW?! 

Aggie is an English major with a concentration in professional writing at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
UIC Contributor.