No Money? No Problem!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As collegiettes, our wallets may be small but our adventures don’t have to be! Living in one of the greatest cities in the world, it’s easy to find something to do with your friends any night of the week without breaking the bank. Here are some amazing free and near free events and meals that will be sure to make your nights out unforgettable.

Abbey Pub
Established in 1973, this pub/music venue is on the corner of Grace and Elston Ave in Chicago. This place is definitely worth going, and every Thursday they have a $3 house burger and fries deal, as well as $3.50 blue moons. While you’re there, you and your friends may even catch a live music show.

Museums
Most of the museums downtown offer free days for Chicago residents. The Art Institute is free on Thursdays from 5-8pm, the Field Museum is free March 6 and 7, and the Museum of Science and Industry is free March 4, April 22, and May 6. For more free museum days, go to http://www.chicagoparent.com/picks/museum-free-days for the full listings!

Taqueria El Ranchito
.99 cent margaritas every Thursday. Yes, you read right. .99 cent. Margaritas. Need I say more? Head over to Milwaukee Ave for some tacos and margaritas on a Thursday night with your friends.

St. Patties Day Parade
This event is free and one that every resident of Chicago should attend. This year the parade starts at noon on Saturday, March 16th. The river dyeing will be at 10 am on the east side of the bridge at Columbus Drive or upper and lower Wacker Drive between Columbus and Lake Shore Drive.

McFadden’s Chicago
McFadden’s is always a fun night out, but they also have awesome specials every night of the week. $1 bottles, $1 mini burgers, and tons of other deals are offered. Check their website for their daily specials!

For more food and drink specials, visit http://www.brokehipster.com/