Music Midterm: Top 10 Fall Albums

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

There’s nothing I love more than new music. That’s why, while parting with summer wasn’t ideal, the promise of a semester filled with fresh experiences and a fresh soundtrack for those experiences kept my thoughts positive. Behold a list, compiled by me, of the top 10 albums so far in the semester! Be sure to listen to my favorite track recommendations for each album!

Top 10 Fall Albums
(oldest to newest release)

Night Visions

Imagine Dragons
Listen to: Tiptoe 

Beacon

Two Door Cinema
Listen to: The World Is Watching (with Valentina)

Art History

California Wives
Listen to: Twenty Three

Coexist

The xx
Listen to: Chained

Old World Romance

Sea Wolf
Listen to: Kasper

Babel

Mumford and Sons
Listen to: I Will Wait

The 2nd Law

Muse
Listen to: Madness

Halcyon

Ellie Goulding
Listen to: Only You

Vital

Anberlin
Listen to: Someone Anyone

Our Nature

Savoir Adore
Listen to: Empire of Light

Keep working hard and playing hard, and enjoy this rad music while you do!

Meaghan

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.