Music Blog: Playing It Cool with Epic Boy Band

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Something cold. Something cool. A band that’s old, but back with new. Before my faux rhyme stretches into any more lunacy, I’ll cut the cryptic and fill you in on who’s keeping things crisp this week in music.

Photo: Anton Corbijn

Brace yourselves, HC readers, for a new release from celebrated British rockers, Coldplay! While the boys recently contributed the song “Atlas” to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack, they drop an icier beat in their latest single. Pay no mind to the numb, though, because frigid never felt so fierce.

Coldplay consistantly spins out slightly unexpected sounds, and “Midnight,” the debut from their upcoming album “Ghost Stories” (May 19) proves no exception. The track combines a soft techno flow with the signature chill vibes for which the band is known. Fans of Bon IverArcade FireImogen Heap, and Active Child will love.

Play the bone-chilling video for “Midnight” below, and stay bundled! Can you tell that the weather wrote this week’s blog? 

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
UIC Contributor.