This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The first thing I like to do before applying my makeup is to wash my face. My favorite face wash is called Equate Beauty oil-free acne wash. It is an effective, yet gentle, salicylic acid treatment.

Most girls prefer to use a primer before putting on makeup, I do not like to do that because I believe it makes my skin look oily later on in the day. My skin began to clear up after I stopped using it.

I like to start off by doing my eyebrows, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow pomade in the shade “Soft Brown”. I like to outline my brows with this and then fill them in. After this, I conceal the skin around my brows, this gives them a clean and sharper look. I use the Wet N Wild cruelty-free concealer in “Light Medium Beige.”

I then apply my foundation. I use the L’oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Twenty Four Hour foundation in the shade “104.” This is the best foundation I have ever used! It stays on all day! I am prone to oily skin and it does not make my skin oily. I then set my foundation with the Kat Von D brightening powder. It’s a nice yellow, creamy color and does not cause flashback. I then contour my face. I absolutely love bronzer, it gives such a nice sun-kissed look. I apply the Wet N Wild contouring palette contour underneath my cheekbones, upper forehead, and under my chin. I then use the lighter color in the palette to clean up under the bronzer to make it look more natural. This can also be referred to as “baking.”

While the powder sits, I like to apply my mascara or eyelashes depending on the look I’m going for. I like to use eyelashes when I want a more dramatic eye. My favorite mascara to use is the Telescopic Carbon Black mascara. The brush bristles are extremely thin, which help make your lashes look long and full. For fake lashes, I use a variety of any kind of Ardell lash, the best glue to use is the Kiss Strip Lash Adhesive.

After this, I brush away the baking powder and apply blush. I first use Ulta Beauty’s Lip & Cheek color stick on my cheekbones. On top of this, I apply Colormates blush in the color “Mauve Alous.” I find that using these two products together, in this order, make it last all day. Last but not least, I like to apply lip gloss. I either like to use any clear gloss or the Stay Glossy “150” lip gloss.  

Overall I would describe my makeup look as a soft glam that is perfect for everyday wear.

Stephanie Saranga is an charismatic, loving, and hard working student who is currently attending The University of Illinois at Chicago. She plans to major in Urban Education and master in Speech Pathology. During her free time she enjoys to listen to music (specifically rap and R&B), read, bake, and paint.
UIC Contributor.