Looking For a New Place to Eat? Try Demitasse!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Are you a morning person who loves to start off your day with a well-balanced breakfast? You should be! As the intelligent and bright college student that you are, you already know that you need to put yourself first. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your day the right way at Demitasse, located at 1066 W. Taylor St. Chicago, IL 60607. 

Stop in before class and enjoy an omelette, frittata, or skillet of your choice. Try the savory Bacon Frittata made with Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, as well as sautéed mushrooms. Or if you’re feeling more adventurous, why not create an omelette of your own? I would personally recommend an omelette made with spinach, green peppers, mozzarella cheese and sausage. All omelettes are accompanied with house potatoes and a side of toast.

If you’re in the mood for something light, why not try the Fruit Bowl or a delicious homemade scone? Perhaps you could try a cup of coffee or a latte to prepare you for the long hours that lie ahead. There are a variety of flavored hot or cold lattes to choose from, depending on the weather. The cold Chocolate Mint latte is especially refreshing, but you may want to try a hot Carmelita made with caramel and chocolate for the chilly fall mornings.

If your early morning schedules are absolutely cramped and you find yourself struggling to make your way over to Demitasse, don’t panic! They have a lunch menu as well. Come and enjoy a sandwich during your break. The Turkey & Swiss on Pita is one of my personal favorites, but the Grilled Chicken Panini will leave you more than satisfied. Remember, you should never go to class or study on an empty stomach! You are far too important.

Demitasse is open Tuesday-Friday from 6:30AM to 3:00PM and on Saturday-Sunday from 7:30AM to 2:30PM. Feel free to stop by whenever you have the time. The staff is always warm and welcoming, so you’ll feel right at home. It’s the perfect place to enjoy good company and delicious food!

Melissa Martinez is a senior in communication. Born to Mexican immigrant parents, she is fluent in Spanish and English. She eventually plans to work in the non-profit field, but upon graduation in December 2015, she'll be working as a research specialist at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
UIC Contributor.