brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kanye West Gave Kim Kardashian $1 Million To Turn Down A Brand Deal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

In case you missed it, on another episode of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s relationship, the star of Keeping up With the Kardashians, says her husband gave her $1 million for turning down a brand deal.

You heard it right, folks. Speaking on Ashley Graham’s very first episode of her new podcast, Pretty Big Deal, the mother of three revealed that Kanye gifted the check for rejecting an Instagram fashion deal.

“He’s like the cutest,” Kim explained during her interview. “A brand offered me a million dollars to do a post on some of their clothing and they typically—I don’t want to say who the brand is—but they typically knock off Yeezy. So, I said ‘You know what, it’s great money. Let me ask Kanye how he feels about it.’”

“He’s like, ‘No, babe. I really don’t want you to do that.’” While she said it was “understandable,” she’s right about it being a lot of money. Kanye didn’t hesitate to promise to make it up to her, though, and went all out for Mother’s Day. He sent flowers and an envelope while he was recording out of town.

“I get my flowers and then I get an envelope delivered to the door. I opened the envelope and it was a million dollar cheque with a note saying thank you for always supporting me and not posting.” Kim remembered, “And then, in the rest of the envelope, it was a contract to be an owner of Yeezy—to have my percentage.”

It was another way for the two to celebrate the occasion. And when the 37 year-old’s mom, Kris Jenner, asked if she would be cashing the cheque, she had a very quick response, “You better believe I’m going to cash this!”

Destiny is an Urban Education major at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She's originally from a small town in the southwest of Illinois and spends most of her time working at Brookfield zoo or with her nose stuck in a book. She enjoys all music, reading, and binge-watching netflix on her free time, and has always had a passion in learning new things. She wants to improve her writing and technology skills, and hopes hercampus can get her there!
UIC Contributor.