Just for Tonight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

While you’re mentally occupied in Hawaii, ride the gnarly and foamy waves of Washed Out’s “Belong”, and let the recorder-playing street performers of Waikiki send you gliding through its pink and purple winds.  “Belong” will have you staring across the ocean to the other side, and turning the empty space into a land of beauty, with all the beautiful foreigners in your world whose attention you never attained.

Never refrain from your lurking with “Clear Eyes”.  Let the trumpet of Kids These Days stray you away from the neglect of your enigmatic dream crush, into a world of calm green waters.  After all, “it’s been awhile” since such beauty has existed in the flesh.  You must cherish it while you still have the chance.  Separate some time to join Nico Segal and Vic Mensa of the band, on a leisurely and breezy walk through the windy city of turmoil.  Draw an end to the summer’s unremitting outdoor activities with this gust of detachment.

Completely separate yourself from reality’s cold winds, and join me in a virtual reality game, where we can fight June until we’re all K.O.  Exchange punches and kicks until you drop, but revive yourself with your endless lives, for this song is one that does not like to quit.  Overcome the ultimate test of endurance – one where weaknesses are meager – with Neon Indian’s colorfully synthesized “Sleep Paralyst”.

While you’re immersed in falling green LCD rain, throw together a straw umbrella and fight through the jungle’s biggest precipitation battle yet.  The Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble’s “Pretend”, brings us a worldly sound; one where we rush to attain our goal – our goal of befriending a beautiful foreigner.