This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

If you are like me, you loved listening to the Jonas Brothers when you were a kid. I have gone to a Nick Jonas concert just hoping he’d play a Jonas Brothers song (he did, and it was awesome). Today, the brothers just announced that they are back and suddenly I’m 9 years old again! It has been more than five years since the brothers, Nick Jonas (26), Joe Jonas (29), and Kevin Jonas (31) have released any music. Their last release was a single in June 2013, “First Time,” from their second live album Live. Four months later, the Jonas Brothers broke all our hearts by announcing that they had split. But tonight at midnight, they are releasing a new single called “Sucker” and my hope in 2019 is restored.

The rumors of the reunion have been popular ever since the Jonas Brothers reactivated their Instagram account in January 2018. On a promo for The Late Late Show With James Corden that was released today, the brothers are singing the new song in a car with James Corden in a Carpool Karaoke segment. On Carpool Karaoke, Nick said “It’s nice to be able to finally tell somebody…We’ve kept this a secret now for almost seven, eight months. This is basically our first performance back”.Also in the promo, Kevin, the one who didn’t continue music and instead focused on his real estate development and construction business said, “I’ve gotta dust off the cobwebs, here we go”. It’s funny because I was just thinking the same thing about my old Jonas Brothers posters.

Mia is a sophomore at UIC pursuing a double major in history and Spanish. She is also pursuing a double minor in museum studies and social justice.
UIC Contributor.