Wellness > Mental Health

It’s Easy To Say Yes, But It’s Important To Say No

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Many people are very good at saying yes.

They say yes to things they can not handle, yes to things they do not want to do, and yes to opportunities that don’t have much significance to where you want to go in life.

Sometimes, before you say yes to something take a few steps back. Think about whether saying yes to this new opportunity or idea will benefit you in any way. Ask yourself if this is important, or if it will make you happy.

It is so easy to say yes, but when all the things you said yes to pile up, then it becomes a problem. Time wise and health wise, if you do not have enough time for it, then you most likely will not succeed at it. This may lead you to become unhappy, and may even affect your mental health.

There are also other things that you could say yes to that could lead you down the wrong path. It is very easy to leap, just make sure you can see where your landing.

Let’s have a successful year and try not to say yes to things that won’t better us,

Use your best judgment. Happy new year!

My name is Evelyn I love to be adventurous and try new things. I am a pre-nutrition major at the University of Illinois-Chicago. I love food, friends, and tacos.
UIC Contributor.