etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I’m Just Going With The Flow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Going with the flow has left me feeling less stressed and happier. Recent events have made me rethink things and going with the flow was my best choice. It’s not that I stopped planning, but constantly overthinking and trying to calculate every outcome left me stressed. We can’t plan what is going to happen, so why live our lives that way?

If we were able to predict every outcome, where would the fun be? Life would be so dull if we knew every outcome. Life wouldn’t be full of surprises or excitement. Every day would be the same with no mystery. It would be comforting to know every outcome that was to happen if we were unsure of something. It even sounds like an ideal world for us who need to calculate every outcome before we make a decision. If you asked me a week ago, I would tell you I would live in a world where we knew every outcome of every choice we make or even being given the individual power to have that.

If I could change every decision to save every heartbreak, I would. Life doesn’t work that way, unfortunately. Every jerk I’ve met has taught me a lesson. Life lessons are how we learn from our mistakes and even then we might make the same mistake again. If we make the same mistake again, then we the lesson hasn’t been learned yet. It sucks, but we meet people for a reason. Of course, we don’t always want to meet the same type of person again, but they come in our lives for a purpose. Why jerks are attracted to me I don’t know, but I’ve accepted it’s a lesson to be learned.

We can’t be afraid of life. We can’t be afraid of getting hurt and avoiding opportunities because they’re new to us. These opportunities can be an internship, job, club, activity, or even a new love interest. We can’t be afraid of failure. If everyone was afraid of failure, then we wouldn’t have half of the things we have today. Life is a mystery, but it’s the mystery that leaves things exciting. Don’t be afraid of failure or rejection because the more you avoid things means more missed opportunities. Take on anything that life presents you because you can do it.  Live your life and go with the flow. I promise you won’t regret it because I haven’t so far even though it’s only been a week.

Hi I'm Aeja! Junior at UIC and a Pre Nursing Major. I try to write what inspires me, so I hope you enjoy my articles!
UIC Contributor.