This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Oftentimes, as young adults, we go through stages in our lives where we don’t feel good about ourselves. Whether it’s how we look or what we are going through, it makes it hard to face the world with our best face on. The older you get, the more you’ll realize that there will always be problems in your life, it’s how you manage them that will allow you to grow. So why fake it ’till you make it? As Rihanna once said, “fake it, it’s rather that or cry myself to sleep, who wants to do that?” It’s important to show ourselves that we can be confident in ourselves in any situation that we are out in. 

The moment you wake up, allow yourself to believe that you’re going to go out and have an amazing day, and look good while doing so. The world isn’t going to stop throwing problems into your life, and the only way to deal with them is to shine through it all.

Maybe it’s dealing with confidence or feeling like you are not good enough for someone. Confidence is within and once you learn how to fake it, you’ll soon begin to realize that all it took was you believing in your confidence. Try it for a week and see what is holding you back from being the best version of yourself.

UIC Contributor.