burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

How to Modify Summer Clothes for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As the weather begins to cool down around Chicago, you may feel the need to say goodbye to all your favorite summer outfits for the year- but you don’t have to! With a few changes you can wear your summer clothes all autumn long.

Layer It Up

Don’t abandon your favorite T-shirts, just add layers. Wearing a flannel, jacket, or cardigan over a graphic tee is a simple autumnal version of a summer go-to. You can even wear a T-shirt over a long sleeve shirt if you want to! Experiment with fun color and pattern combinations.

Leggings & Tights

Skirts and dresses can be chilly to wear in the fall, but with the addition of leggings or tights, they’re the perfect fall look. You don’t have to stick with ordinary nylons or stockings; try out interesting colors and designs and see what you like. For extra warmth, look for thicker or fleece-lined leggings.

Keep Your Crop Tops

Good news, switching out shorts for high waisted jeans or leggings means you can keep rocking your crop tops without freezing your butt off! Try pairing crop tops, bralettes, and tank tops with a quality pair of high waisted jeans and a belt.

There should be no rules when it comes to fashion. Use the autumn season as an opportunity to explore your sense of style!

Emma is a third-year student studying Communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
UIC Contributor.