Her Campus UIC + Skinny Piggy Event!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

We had the best combination Wednesday, April 22nd with free cupcakes, goodie bags, and the Her Campus UIC team of course.

A break before finals took place at The Skinny Piggy on Taylor Street. Not only were there cupcakes, all participates had a variety of options in terms of cake flavors, frostings, and toppings to choose from thanks to the bakery. We saw a variety of selections from the classic birthday cake with buttercream topped with M&M’s to the very bold pairing of red velvet with cookies-n-cream frosting mountained with sugared garnishes. But that was the beauty of this event and this bakery; everyone got the chance to make their own cupcake concoction.

The whole Her Campus team wanted to make this last event the best it could be for all of our followers. We even had two of our very own, Irais and Katie, help out the staff by lending a hand behind the topping bar once the clock struck 4:00.

While everyone was savoring the cupcakes, we encouraged our visitors to take pictures with our DIY frame to post on Instagram and Facebook to reminisce on the yummy bites of cupcakes they took Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks to our sponsors, we handed out goodie bags to the first 50 visitors and throughout the event we raffled off prizes. We’d also would like to give a shoutout to Red Bull Student Brand Manager and UIC senior, Kyle Christiansen for keeping everyone hydrated and energized with Red Bull’s new flavor collection: Yellow, Orange, and Cherry Editions.

But of course this event was checked off as a success story because of The Skinny Piggy for letting us host our study break event here. We were so happy that we got an opportunity to work with a local community business.

We’re always here to support the city of Chicago!

Irais is pursuing a marketing major at The University of Illinois at Chicago. Coming from the small country town of Harvard, Illinois, she knows there's a whole neighborhood left for her to explore. Checking off her bucket list activities is what she does in the afternoons and weekends when she’s not napping. She currently cherishes her vast music playlist, Netflix account, Pinterest boards, and her growing show collection of Chucks and wedges. Catch her trying to Penny board to class.
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.