Getting Ready for Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

So, Thanksgiving is over and the countdown to Christmas starts. It is an exciting time of the year, but there are still things to get done. There is a lot to do and so little time!

From putting up Christmas decorations to Christmas shopping to studying for finals, everything can get so overwhelming.

So, the first steps into fitting all of this into your schedule are to plan.

Always put final exam studying and assignments first. Work ahead so you can be on top of stuff and do not procrastinate. Procrastination will only hurt you.

Next, do all the decorating on the weekend or on a free day. That way, all the decorating will not overwhelm you. Try to look for coupons online where you want to shop for decor. We all know that college is expensive, so finding any deals will help.

Christmas shopping can be such a hassle! Although it is fun, it’s hard to find time to shop for all your loved ones with so little time in your schedule. So, I suggest online shopping. Taking less time to travel to and from stores gives you more time to look online for items that would suit the family. Only thing is, you have to order early because you want to make sure everything comes on time before Christmas.

Happy holidays!

My name is Evelyn I love to be adventurous and try new things. I am a pre-nutrition major at the University of Illinois-Chicago. I love food, friends, and tacos.
UIC Contributor.