This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As it is known, Netflix adds new movies every month, and the new selections added in October did not disappoint. Now that we find ourselves in the middle of autumn, we usually have more time to stay inside and watch movies. The following list provides brief overviews of five movies that were recently added to Netflix and have received positive buzz. All the movies in this list vary in genre, so there is something for everyone, and perhaps you’ll find a movie you’re interested in after checking it out. 

After

After arrived to Netflix in October and is a must see for lovers of drama and romance movies. The 2019 movie is an adaptation of the 2014 new adult novel of the same name written by Anna Todd. The film centers around the dedicated, dutiful and loyal Tessa Young as she begins her first semester of college and finds her guarded world colliding with the mysterious and rebellious Harden Scott.

El Camino

The Emmy winning and beloved series Breaking Bad ended in 2013, but this fall, fans are reunited with the iconic character of Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) as he tries to escape his past. The film picks up straight from the events of the series finale that left fans wondering about Jesse’s fate. For fans of Breaking Bad and crime thrillers, El Camino will surely prove to be a favorite. So, if you find yourself not knowing what to watch, just remember not to wait your whole life to watch something special.

Between Two Ferns: The Movie

For comedy lovers, Between Two Ferns: The Movie features Zach Galifianakis as he hits the road to interview celebrities and restore his reputation. Some of the celebrities you’ll see in the movie are Matthew McConoughey, Keanu Reeves, Chrissy Teigen, Brie Larson, and Paul Rudd. Based on the talk show, Between Two Ferns, the film captures the funny nature that first captivated fans of the show by taking viewers on the comical journey of talk show host Zach Galifianakis as he chases his dreams of becoming a star

We Have Always Lived in the Castle

If you’re a fan of the book, you’ll probably be a fan of the movie. We Have Always Lived in the Castle follows the story of the Blackwood sisters and their uncle as their isolated world is disrupted by the arrival of a cousin with ulterior motives. Fans of the book or simply of mystery thrillers will surely find the film entertaining as viewers get to enjoy wonderful performances from actors Taissa Farmiga, Alexandra Daddario, Crispin Glover, and Sebastian Stan. For those who appreciate strange characters and puzzling circumstances that keep you guessing, this is the film for you. 

In the Tall Grass

In the Tall Grass comes at a perfect time as we find ourselves in the midst of spooky season. This Netflix original centers around a pregnant woman and her brother as they enter a field of tall grass to rescue a boy. The suspense builds up as they find themselves unable to escape and something evil lurks around them. For fans of horror and suspense, the film is sure to leave viewers with the much-needed jump scares to satisfy their seasonal cravings.

Amy Hernandez is a senior at UIC pursuing a degree in English with a concentration in professional writing and a minor in Communication 
UIC Contributor.