This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The recent problem in my life has been learning how to manage a social life, work life, homework, and time to study, all at once. The answer I have concluded is that it’s hard. So, If you’re going through this, do not worry you are not alone.

Something that helps is scheduling everything out to make time for friends and family.

But sometimes, working on yourself gives you the greatest reward in the end, just make sure to keep good friends and family close. Call them on your way to class, or as you’re walking to work; those phones calls will be highly appreciated.

It’s not worth doing badly on that test just because you want to get ice cream with your friends. If they really are your friends, they will understand how important your priorities are to you.

Here are some things you can do to help you have a bit more time with your friends and family.

Wake up earlier

Instead of staying up too late, try waking up earlier in the morning. This gives you a bit more time to relax or hang out in the afternoon. Schedule time for when you will hang out with friends and get your work done before then.

Make a study date!

Go to a nice cafe, order some coffee or tea, catch up a little and work on homework together. You’ll be looking forward to your fun study breaks.

My name is Evelyn I love to be adventurous and try new things. I am a pre-nutrition major at the University of Illinois-Chicago. I love food, friends, and tacos.