Fashion Guide 101: Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Happy Fall everyone! I’m hoping there are still some summer birds out there that are not ready for fall, just like I am, but unfortunately it is here. I guess I was sick of my summer clothes anyways! So I would like to announce that it is officially cardigan season! Basically, I have spent the last week and a half looking at all the top fashion websites and multiple pinterest boards trying to figure out what styles work the best.

I came up with a few ideas that I personally love. Bright colors are not that in this season so try to stick with something neutral, and spruce it up with a nice print. I personally suggest to be bold and be you! Create your own style. I have been sticking to nice designer jeans and basic tops. (Note: check out my awesome “fashionista” pinterest board with hair styles to make you stand out) Now that it is getting colder I have been throwing in cute cardi’s to spruce up my look! If that isn’t good enough, then add a very light scarf to make your outfit stand out a bit more than others! I found this great website called scarves.com that seem to have some attractive scarve-it just might take a little digging! If this doesn’t help, always go to forever 21!

Here’s my weekly tip for everyone: If you are looking for the latest trends at responsible prices, check out the website urbanog.com. I order from this website weekly, and I personally adore it! I can get the greatest heels and jewelry that fit my budget just right. Everything is well organized and never outdated!

Hope everyone enjoys this week’s article! Remember, don’t wear anything I wouldn’t wear.

Bianca

Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.