Fashion Blog: How To Style Fall Outerwear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The Parka

The parka seems to be a cold weather favorite. This laid back piece goes perfectly with graphic tees and distressed jeans. Slip on a pair of sneakers and you have the ultimate comfortable yet stylish outfit!

The Leather Jacket

The leather jacket is an edgy fall essential. For the days you’re feeling a tad more daring, pair it with some killer, black ankle booties and a sleek sweater dress. 

The Pea Coat

The pea coat is a chic and comfy classic. If you want to go the girly route, add a pair of jeans, a sweater, and some loafers. This piece is quite sophisticated so pairing it with jeans adds a casual element.

The Windbreaker

Calling all 80’s lovers! Here’s a way to infuse your fall style with a little pizazz from your favorite decade. The windbreaker is making a comeback so why not go all out by pairing it with other modified eighties trends like a crop top and denim skirt? These pieces will allow your awesome jacket to stand out. Don’t forget to throw on some tights too!

Nadiyah is an island girl at heart, born and raised in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. She is an aspiring entrepreneur with an 80's obsession, currently majoring in Communications at UIC. You can find her riding her bike, watching reruns of The Office, or pacing the aisles of Whole Foods on the hunt for new vegan treats.
UIC Contributor.