This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Prepare for inspiration in your manicures this fall – from an autumn glam to a spooky sparkle! Here are a few of my favorite unique designs by various talented artists.

Traditional Orange and Black Theme 

With Halloween just around the corner, pop out with the traditional orange and black theme. Mix it up with spine-tingling spiders on the middle fingers, ghostly glitter on the ring fingers, and creepy cobwebs crawling through the index finger. 

Seasonally Colored

For an elegant autumn moment, try a seasonally-colored flow through each finger. Start with a dark purple on the thumb, morphing into a maroon, and ending the hand with the lightest colors. This look pairs perfectly with silver rings or jewelry. 

Fall Flowers

Go girly with a fall flower manicure! Apricot orange, ivy white, dark purple and forest green are a stellar combination. Pair it with your favorite knit sweater.

The Addams Family

Classic horror/ comedy tv show, “The Addams Family,” projected their style onto these nails. This artist created a look with a character theme; a festive manicure in honor of the holiday. 

Catlike Claws

This fierce design harmonizes well with the pointed, catlike claw. Orange fades out onto the tips with simple black decorations atop. Nothing screams  “trick-or-treat ” like this. 

Matte 

Matte is the new shine. Quieting a shiny color will bring its pigment down to earth, becoming more of a subtle tone. Pick a few of your fav fall flavours and own this muted-melody!

Midnight on Halloween 

A full moon at midnight on Halloween is the vibe for this look. The jet-black paint and detailed image truly brings this manicure to life. Picture a werewolf, howling into the night… 

Marble Pink!

Now, these are the nails that everyone will be raving about. Marble pink is so chic! Alongside that, raspberry-burgundy is infused in the color scheme, pulling it all together. For the final touch: a sprinkle of glitter outline balances out this creation. 

Vampire-Inspired

Vampire-inspired is the technique of this set. Poisonous, radient red is mixed with a smokey black, dripping into the center of each nail. The rounded, coffin tip gives it an elegant appearance.

Jack-O-Lanterns

What’s more festive than jack-o-lanterns? If you are hunting for that perfect October look, you can end your search here! The smiling pumpkin faces against the midnight matte nail is an iconic look to die for. With the light and dark orange gradient in the glowing faces, this manicure completes the spooky season vibe.

Simple and Sweet

Now let’s take it back a notch, to something both simple and sweet. This color says cozy days, fuzzy sweaters, and sipping a warm cup of hot chocolate. It’s not too flashy and it’s not too bland: a homey bliss. 

Matte, Mauve, Glitter!

Matte plus mauve plus… glitter galore? This fall frenzy gives you a little taste of everything. Don’t be afraid to be bold and mix it up. A style like this is bound to accent any autumn outfit, adding an extra bit to your fit!

Christina is a Professional Writing major, minoring in Spanish, at University of Illinois at Chicago. She is the Senior Editor and President for Her Campus Media, following her passions to one day become an editor as a career.
UIC Contributor.