This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Everything must go! The family-owned boutique, Le Dress, will be closing on September 28th, 2014. The entire store has marked down prices on new fall items. As the closing date approaches the mark downs will continue to grow. The store is located in the Ukrainian Village so get your fall outfit in time for the season.

Oktoberfest Chicago is around the corner. Opening on Friday, September 26th, 2014 the celebration will begin with a “tasting night” of craft beer. The three day party will consist of not only beer but pretzels, pop and German music acts. On Sunday there will be an afternoon Kinderfest filled with games for families and children. For the full list of activities visit the Chicago Events site.

Be one of many runners to participate in the Ditka Dash 5K at Soldier Field. If you become a participant you will receive cool gifts such as a mustache and aviator sunglasses. The Ditka Dash will benefit the Special Olympics Chicago. It will take place on Saturday, September 27th, 2014. For more information on how to register visit Ditka Dash online!

Cristina is an Accounting major at UIC. She enjoys bike rides, reading, and yoga. Cristina dreams of traveling to Spain, Greece, Czech Republic, and going on a road trip through the United States. She aspires to receive her Master's degree and become a successful accountant.
UIC Contributor.