This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Pack your bags for a tropical adventure! It is time to escape the claws of the city winter and submerge yourself in the bliss of the best beach in the U.S. When walking outside to get the mail feels like trudging through the tundra, it is time to book a flight to Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida. 

woman lying on beach
Riccardo Bresciani
Pearly white sand (instead of snow) will immediately catch your eye at this lavish coast, drawing you in closer to the crashing waves. Follow the emerald-green palm trees to the shoreline, dipping yourself into the radiant, glassy waters. Sunbathing with a soft ocean breeze and wading in the refreshing sea may be what you have been looking forward to all winter, but there are actually many exciting activities that Clearwater has to offer. 
Aaron Burden
Aaron Burden / Unsplash
Imagine taking the family to observe one of nature’s most majestic sights: dolphins swimming in their natural habitat! The Tropics Boat Tour is a double-decker catamaran cruise through the Gulf of Mexico where you can spot real bottle-nosed dolphins swimming happily through the ocean. Learn about their behavior and biology, as well as the gulf’s ecosystem, from your educated captain.
Dolphins swimming
unsplash.com
When the sun sinks into the palm tree horizon and the baby blue sky is painted tangerine, take in the serenity of the moment on a Sunset Cruise from Clearwater. Set sail through the sea for an experience like no other. As the sun retires, the atmosphere becomes cool and comfortable for a perfect, tranquil evening. Make a champagne toast to a magical twilight. Relax and make some new memories, like Jack and Rose from the Titanic.
titanic im flying scene
Paramount Pictures
Need an air-conditioned intermission? Shop till you drop at the Westfield Countryside mall. Here, you will find all of your favorite stores and restaurants, such as American Eagle Outfitters, Auntie Anne’s, Bath & Body Works, Bar Louie, Disney Store and more; including nail spas and movie theaters. Take a break from the eventful evenings for a popcorn-loaded movie or a stress-relieving massage. 
girl wearing a mud mask
Unsplash
shopping bags
Jacek Dylag
When you’re ready for some action, sea shells will lead the way. There are many opportunities for speed-boating, fishing, water-rafting, snorkeling and scuba diving in the Clearwater area. Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters will give you a deep sea spectacular, as you gaze upon the colorful creatures underwater. This experienced diving company puts safety first so that you can adventure free of worries. Explore the unknown and dive into the heart of the ocean!
Meredith Kress-Snorkel Selfie In Ocean
Meredith Kress / Her Campus
All of these fun-filled activities can make a person hungry! Conquer your appetite with a cultural, coastal cuisine. Beachfront restaurants offer divine options for date night, and they’re family-friendly. Caretta On The Gulf is a classy, seafood restaurant with elegant decor, a view that looks like a painting. Let’s also not forget about their exquisite menu. Order cocktails or wine and enjoy a relaxing evening.
Dirty Shirley
Ingrid Marinak

Christina is a Professional Writing major, minoring in Spanish, at University of Illinois at Chicago. She is the Senior Editor and President for Her Campus Media, following her passions to one day become an editor as a career.
UIC Contributor.