Don’t Sweat It: 3 Finals Week-Friendly Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

They always say a gal should dress for the job she wants. Well, I say that we collegiettes should dress for the grades we want. Finals week is almost upon us, ladies! This is usually the time pajamas see the light of day and the sweatpants and Uggs combination makes its debut. Comfort is essential during this hectic week, but I believe it can go hand in hand with style. Here are 3 ways to wear the ultimately comfortable piece – sweatpants.

When all else fails, go for a monochromatic look. A pair of dark, textured sweats are a huge step up from your pajamas. They look ultra stylish when paired with slip-on sneakers and other dark pieces. I mean, does it get any more comfortable than that?!

Sweatpants also look great with black booties. Complete the look with a plain pair of sweats and a chunky knit sweater. This is a great way to make your sweatpants look fancy with very little effort. You’ll feel fabulous, confident and ready to conquer that exam!

Don’t be afraid to keep it fun during finals week by incorporating some wacky prints or graphics into your look. If you want to accessorize, the beanie is the way to go because it’s simple and practical for the winter weather.

Nadiyah is an island girl at heart, born and raised in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. She is an aspiring entrepreneur with an 80's obsession, currently majoring in Communications at UIC. You can find her riding her bike, watching reruns of The Office, or pacing the aisles of Whole Foods on the hunt for new vegan treats.
UIC Contributor.