Dingbats Notebook Review

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

I’m back with another notebook review. Dingbats is another notebook that’s great for bullet journaling, and they were so kind to send me a notebook for me to review. All these pictures are mine.

About the Company

Dingbats is very cautious of their impact on the world which is why all their materials are 100% vegan and eco-friendly. All of their notebooks are handmade, and they have the SCS Global services certificate and the FSC logo that ensures that they are eco-friendly and recyclable. You can check it out on their website to learn more about what they do to be environmentally friendly.  

About the Journal

This journal is part of their wildlife collection, and they have many animals: an elephant, deer, bear, whale, duck, kangaroo, and their newest member of their collection a tiger which can all be found on their website here. This is an A5 Plus notebook meaning that it is a little larger than your typical Moleskine and Leuchtturm notebook. From just looking at the notebook, it is a very high-quality notebook, and it is pretty durable with the soft hardcover. It has 192 pages which is 96 sheets of dotted perforated pages, a pen loop, a pocket in the back, and 100 GSM cream pages. GSM stands for grams per square meter which is the thickness of the paper. The more GSM there is, the less likely you are to have pens that bleed through – meaning this paper is really good compared to the notebooks you get other places.

Overall Impressions 

When you open up the notebook, the cover page has the footprint of the animal that’s on the cover. There is no index or any extra pages like the scribbles that matter notebook and the Leuchtturm. The pages also don’t have page numbers, but they do have their little flower logo in the bottom corner. 

My Thoughts

I did a pen test at the back of the notebook, and none of my pens and markers bled through except the sharpie fine tip – the search isn’t over till I find a notebook where my sharpie fine tip markers don’t bleed through. Link down below if you have found a notebook where the markers don’t bleed through. I absolutely love this notebook because it is very durable, and their pages don’t bleed through, so it is definitely worth the price.

I am a first-generation college student who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in communication. I am passionate about social media and the way that it allows us to connect with communities of people all over the world. I like to write about the effects of social media on our day-to-day lives, social media tips to gain followers, lifestyle, food, and things to do in Chicago.
UIC Contributor.