This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Want to relieve stress? With finals approaching, it’s always recommended to get some exercise and fresh air to keep you prepared for all you need to do! Gamma Phi Omega has a great new opportunity for you to do both while supporting a great cause.

25.8 people in the United States suffer from diabetes. For most people, it can be monitored and controlled using blood-glucose monitors. However, it can be life threatening as well. There are currently many associations accepting donations to research a cure. It’s not always easy for a college student to donate money on a regular basis, though. Now you can donate your time and only the cost of a meal in the city to help save some lives.

Join the SWAN-A-THON 5k Race / 3k Walk and help to raise funds for the American Diabetes Association.

Cost for 5k run is $25
Cost for 3k walk is #20

Get a free T-shirt as well! You can register in advance, at http://gammaphiomegabeta.com/events, or at the event. Head over to 400 N. Wolf Rd. Northlake, Il at 10:30 A.M. this Sunday, November 20th! The walk officially begins at noon, and you can feel free to run / walk at your own pace!

Help make a difference while enjoying some relaxing exercise! Remember to bring your friends AND your donations!