Crush ’til Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

A mild winter and a successful Groundhog’s Day signify that this onslaught of studying will soon be rewarded. Let the bass of “Crush (Prod. Twin Shadow)” by Rush Midnight carry you through the tides of flashing colored lights. Take a break, put on your favorite neon sweater, and pair it with your most fashionable sweats. Transform your room into a dance club of your own, and picture the waves under your feet. Or the hills you’ll be racing down on your bike, your roller blades or even your polished white Ducati in just a few weeks’ time. Fly through the azure mist, and befriend the turtles and the seahorses that surround you. Far beneath the surface of the cement block classroom building, let Russ Manning’s whispy vocals pass through you as they surf over the sirens of guitar and synth..as you await the conclusion of winter.

Next, find yourself hunting through a jungle, whose palm tree ceiling shades you from your grueling and golden exams with Glasser’s “Apply” this winter. Hunt for the stream in which to carry on your expedition for relief, in which to bask in the rays of water. Glasser’s drum beat will guide you through your stress, as Cameron Mesarow wails for morning to arrive. Drink the sun’s reflections in the stream, and flow on, with lyrics and vocals that resemble those of Bjork’s. They will bring you a new day, a new perspective and a new hunt once you have finally placed your exam on the pile.

UIC Contributor.