This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Okay, so maybe the squirrels on campus aren’t cute when they’re dragging garbage out of the trash cans. Or when they give you death glares and direct their hacking/hissing noises towards you. Or when they scamper around with unpredictable direction. Nonetheless, our campus is home to many. Sharing is caring.

Jessica Grant is a junior at the University of Illinois at Chicago where she is double majoring in English and Photography. At UIC, Jessica serves as the editor-in-chief of the literary arts journal as well a research assistant for professor and author John D'Emilio in the field of gay and lesbian studies. Since moving to the city two years ago, Jessica has also become involved with the Immigrant Youth Justice League, which represents undocumented youth in the demand for immigration reform, and Project Focus, an organization that breaks cultural barriers through photography. Jessica enjoys hanging out in bookstores, dancing, taking naps with her cat and aimlessly exploring. She hopes to someday travel the world and further learn how creativity can be used in the fight for human rights.