This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The majority of college students are on a budget and here are some of my favorite makeup essentials that are inexpensive! Through my personal experience with these makeup products, I can assure you these brands are not only budget friendly, but a fantastic quality as well!

Morphe Eye Palettes

In recognition of the several YouTubers that have collaborated with this brand, Morphe cosmetics has skyrocketed in popularity. The majority of its products are affordable and they have recently opened several mall locations across the country. Its most popular products are their eyeshadow palettes that often come with 30+ shades. The most popular palettes include James Charles’s Unleash Your Inner Artist, MORPHE X Jaclyn Hill’s palette, and the 350 eyeshadow palette. Morphe recently revealed the launch of its new bronze-themed eyeshadow palette. Price Range: $25-$38

Essence Lip Gloss

Are you rocking the glossy look? Well, Essence offers several lip gloss shades with a durable formula. The lip gloss is not too sticky to the touch and smells amazing. It’s a perfect way to enhance your lips and give the ultimate wet vibe. I personally like the clear gloss, which has no glitter or color. Price Range: $2-$3

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation has two different types of formulas suited for the skin; the “Dewy Smooth” or “Matte and Poreless”. The Matte + Poreless has 40 shades, while the Dewy Smooth has 20. These foundations are best applied with a makeup sponge. When applying, I recommend slowly applying it to the back of your hand since you have to pour the contents. Price Range: $4-$6

Bh Cosmetics

This brand is known for its “Take Me To Brazil” eyeshadow palette, to which you can make several different colorful eye looks. However, I’d recommend taking advantage of their brush kits. The brush sets are durable, easy to clean, and soft to the skin. There are several kits according to what part of the face you want to apply makeup to. Price Range: $7-$22

Makeup Revolution

Makeup Revolution has several products that are known to be dupes for “high-end” products. This is an overseas brand, so if ordered online, the shipping may cost a bit higher. However, Makeup Revolution is available at Ulta Beauty. Price Range: $4-$20

Andrea K. Vazquez. Hi y'all! I'm currently a first-year Communication major at University of Illinois-Chicago. I'm considering working in Journalism or some form of Media/Public Relations.
UIC Contributor.