yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Beginning October 15 to 21, Her Campus UIC is partnering with Her Campus UCLA to compare the differences between Chicago and Los Angeles. #HCUICLA is our social media hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; don’t miss out! 

With the ever-changing seasons year round, many cities in the United States have the pleasure of enjoying all four. Chicago, having one of the most diverse weather patterns all year long, definitely has more than it’s fair share when it comes to knowing the difference between eighty-degree weather and eight degree weather. In October, Chicago starts to see a change in the environment; leaves change colors and fall off the trees, people are all bundled up and wearing comfy and cozy sweaters, and the usual beverage of choice this time of year is a pumpkin-spice-anything!

One of the many great things to enjoy this time around is the beautiful weather and surroundings. While winter seems like Chicago’s main season, given that it lasts for so long, the rest are just as everlasting. Just like in books and movies, spring brings fresh and beautiful flowers, summer is filled with sunny days at the pool, and of course, autumn harbors all the shades of red, yellow, orange and brown, scattered all around the trees and all over the city. Other famous icons seen throughout Chicago are decorations involving hay, pumpkins, scarecrows, and of course, Halloween decor. It may be getting colder outside every day as Chicago moves toward the winter season, but that doesn’t mean that there is no room for fun. Although a lot of yard work is involved during the autumn months, there’s nothing more exciting than spending the day outside with your loved ones, jumping in huge piles of leaves, and ending the day indoors drinking warm beverages after a long day of hard work.

It may seem like winter is the only season present. But, when you live here, you get to experience the variety of seasons almost daily.

Mother Nature does a wonderful job of keeping things interesting and unexpected in the city of Chicago!

My name is Maggie, and I am currently a junior at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). My major is English, with a concentration in professional and technical writing. Currently, I am interning at Classic Chicago Magazine, an online magazine located in the city of Chicago, and I am one of their social media correspondents. Being a member of HerCampus UIC is wonderful opportunity and exactly what I need to learn how to achieve my goals while enhancing my writing and technology skills.
UIC Contributor.