mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

There’s a new bug in Apple’s FaceTime application that lets you hear the audio coming from someone’s phone, even though they have not accepted or rejected your call. You can try the bug out for yourself by starting a FaceTime Video call with one of your contacts. Then, while the call is dialing, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen and select “Add Person”. Next, you add your own phone number. Now, the group FaceTime call will include yourself and the audio of the contact you FaceTimed, even if they haven’t answered. Additionally, the recipient’s phone will show no indication that you can hear any of their audioAfter hearing about the bug, my roommate and I tried it with her boyfriend. Sure enough, we could hear the sounds of him playing a video game. He definitely did not answer the call since he was in the middle of battling in his video game. It made me feel pretty sneaky until we started laughing and realized that while we can spy on him, he could still hear everything we said. Enjoy being nosy while it lasts because Apple said the bug will be fixed in a software update later this week.

Mia is a sophomore at UIC pursuing a double major in history and Spanish. She is also pursuing a double minor in museum studies and social justice.
UIC Contributor.