1. Embellished Grunge– The heavy metal inspired looks of Alexander Wang boasted many silver accents and lots and lots of black. For a more approachable twist on Wang’s bold collection, try swapping out the platform boots for a pair of black heels, or add a statement pop of color to the outfit.
2. Menswear– The menswear-inspired silhouettes were a breath of fresh air at the DKNY show, showing that chic doesn’t always have to be fitted. This fall, try a blazer or loose-fitting sweater, with rhinestone details if a more feminine look is desired.
3. Fur– Altuzarra made a statement this season with oversized fur collars and coats. Paired with a delicate sheer blouse and leather skirt, fur adds to a beautiful mix of textures and is a must-have in any fall/winter wardrobe.
4. Silk– This beautiful fabric was a staple on the Monique Lhuillier runway this season. Silk adds a luxe effect to any outfit and is especially stunning when warn as a richly colored dress, seen here.
5. Western– Rebecca Minkoff’s runway was a leather and fringe-filled blast from the past. The wild west-inspired look is perfect for this fall—try pairing fringe with a structured jacket for a blend of modern and classic.
6. Trench Coat– The trench coat has long been a staple in many fall/winter wardrobes, but Tome this season gave the classic trench an upgrade—with an oversized 70’s flare and experimentation with color, a modern colorful trench coat is the trend to try this year.
7. Cinched Silhouette– BCBGMAXAZRIA dazzled with their feminine shapes this season, and every look boasted a beautifully elegant silhouette. This fall, find pieces that accentuate the waist and show off your natural curves.
8. Mix & Match Prints– Nicole Miller’s runway perfectly showcased how to wear two different prints in a classy, sophisticated way. Rather than being bold and obnoxious, the designer’s choice of subtly different top and bottom patterns work together perfectly and are an elegant way to spice up any fall/winter wardrobe.