This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Are you getting too old for trick or treating but want to have an epic Halloween? Here are 6 things you can do this Halloween. 

1. Throw a costume party

Still want candy? If so, have all your guests bring a bag of candy as their entrance ticket and mixed it in a big bowl and boom, candy for everyone! Plus if there are a lot of people coming you’ll have candy for days! 

2. Have a Halloween Potluck

This can be similar to any other potluck, bring or make your favorite dish for everyone to try. If you’re creative go on Pinterest and find some Halloween theme snacks or dishes you can make. 

3. Binge watch all your favorite scary movies

Of course you can invite your friends and have a sleepover, or you can do it alone. This a great alternative especially if the weather is cold and you don’t feel like going out. 

4. Go to Chipotle 

Haha, yes this may sound crazy but if you go to chipotle with some type of Halloween costume on, you only pay $3 for your meal. Also did I mention that guac is free this day, as well?

5. Go to a haunted house

Are you up for the challenge? Look into some of the scariest haunted houses in your state and visit one but only if your brave.

6. Visit a fall festival

This a fun event to go to with your family or friends. Want to get move into the Halloween spirit? Carve some pumpkins out there. 

Raven is sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She majoring in UIC college of education as an early childhood educator. She dreams of one day teaching in both private and public schools. She has a passion for young people and most importantly patience. During Raven's free time from class she likes to shop, catch up on missed shows and more SHOPPING. Raven is sometimes shy but love meeting new people - ironic!  
Christiana is a Communications major with a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Originally from a very small town in central Illinois, she spends most of her time exploring the city. She enjoys live music, poetry, and cheesy indie comedies. Catch her around campus to talk about the latest in hip-hop releases.