5 Ways to Treat Yo’self

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The first day of school felt like it was yesterday. You showed up to the first day of classes without a care, in the world, knowing it was only syllabus day. Now, we are approaching midterms and feeling all the stress of the world. This is about the perfect time to “Treat yo’self.” Find a balance between getting work done and doing things that make you happy. Get that paper done, or study for a few hours, then do something for yourself. Below are some ideas of things you can do to treat yo’self because you deserve it.  

1. Make Yourself a Cocktail

At the end of a very frustrating day, head to your kitchen and get the following:

• half of a lemon
  • fresh blackberries
  • fresh mint
  • 2 oz. gin
  • 1 tsp of simple syrup
  • Blackberry Spindrift

Put this recipe together provided by Spindrift, tune in on your favorite show, grab your favorite book, and relax. 

2. Do Your Make Up

Can looking glam help us feel glam? We think so! Go to class looking and feeling amazing with a glittery eye look. We love using the Ulta Beauty Glitter Eye Topcoat for either a fun night out in the town look or a simple eye-opening look for those days where sleep is not an option. Use a white glitter shade, and apply to the inner corners of your eyes to make your eyes look open and awake, or choose from their other colors to top off a smoky eye for a night out. Feel free to use some of the shades as highlighters to give you that healthy glow you have within.

Don’t forget to make sure your eyebrows are on fleek. A good set of brows really frames the face and makes any look feel complete. Our favorite brow product is the IT Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil. This pencil is long lasting, so your eyebrows will look good in class, long hour shifts and more. The oval-shaped tip is perfect for anyone with thick or thin brows. The universal color also makes it easy for everyone to enjoy. 

3. Reward Yourself

Although it would be nice to have someone around to high-five you every time you accomplish something, the odds of that happening are very low. If you ever find yourself doing something praise-worthy, award yourself with a sticker. Hcxo.shop will soon release your new reward system. Give yourself or your friends “Adult Achievement Unlocked Stickers” whenever you achieve something. A little incentivizing won’t hurt anyone.

4. Get Yourself a Gift

If your friends aren’t buying you monthly gifts for doing your absolute best then, worry not, we have a solution. Subscribe to Pop Sugar’s Must Have Box. This Monthly Box contains items carefully chosen by the Pop Sugar team and delivered straight to your door. You get over $100 worth of items for only $39.95. That includes shipping! It’s a gift to yourself from yourself, handpicked by Pop Sugar, so you will still feel surprised when it arrives at your door. This will, for sure, brighten your day when you pick up your mail.

5. Do Your Hair

A lot of us do our hair in the mornings only to throw it back up in a messy bun towards the middle of the day. Bed Head by Tigi’s Curlipops is here to solve your problem. The curls this wand gives are fantastic! They last all day and can go even longer if you use the Masterpiece Shine Hairspray. For those of you who opt for straightened hair can also achieve longevity with the hairspray or take the Mini Ceramic Flat Iron on-the-go for any touch-ups throughout the day. You will look and feel put together with a good head of hair. Everyone, in class, will wonder where you find the time to do and maintain such perfect hair with a busy college schedule.

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.