5 Ways iMessaging Just Got Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1. You can replace certain words with emojis!

Write out your sentence, then click on the globe and watch some of your words get highlighted in yellow. Click on them and watch them turn into its correspondent emoji. In some cases, you have options for what emoji you want to replace with text!

2. You can send a message with invisible ink or have it send with a slam.

Type your message as you normally would, then when pressing send (its now an arrow pointing up) hold it and slide up. You will see an invisible ink option, along with a gentle, loud, and slam option. You can choose if you want to send someone something exciting with a slam or you want to send a surprise with the invisible ink.

3. You can also add fireworks or confetti when sending a message

Following the same procedure as above, swipe the blue arrow up, and click on the “screen” option. When you slide up, the first option you see is “Bubble,” so just click on the button next to it and you will now be able to send balloons with your message. You can choose from balloons, confetti, lasers, fireworks and a shooting star! When sending someone a “Happy Birthday” the app will automatically send balloons for you. Sending someone a “Congratulations” will also automatically add confetti.

4.  Stickers, Apps, and Gifs from iMessage.

Much like Facebook Messenger, we can now download stickers and certain apps directly from our iMessage app. Just click on the App Store icon right next to the text box.  Apple Music sharing and Images for gifs are automatically included after you update the app, the stickers and such can be downloaded directly on the app. Start a game of TicTacToe with a friend, translate a message you want to send to someone, make dinner reservations, get the latest news, the possibilities are endless.

5. Send animated messages, kisses, hearts, heartbeats and fireballs with your finger.

In between the camera and the App Store is a heart with two fingers. Click that to send someone a written message that they can see in action when sent. The receiver will get to see you write out their message after you sent it. You can also send hearts, heartbeats, fireballs and kisses to your friends, or add them to a video or picture.

SaveSave

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
UIC Contributor.