5 Tips for Living a Positive Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

In a world full of stressors and negativity, it’s sometimes difficult to see the good going on. Never fear! Here are 5 doable tips on how to live your life positively.

1. Be Content With Yourself

Self-acceptance is one of the hardest things any person can do, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Loving yourself for who you are will bring about any positivity. As the saying goes, you ultimately bring out the best in yourself!

2. Find The Bright Side In Any Situation

Although people tend to groan when told this, there’s actually a bunch of truth in it. Rather than focusing on all the negatives, remember that there are always positives in any bad situation no matter how miniscule. For example: Recently broke up with someone? Now you can binge watch that series on Netflix you two were watching together by yourself and not feel guilty! 

3. Surround Yourself With Positive People

As the old saying goes, “misery loves company”. However, these are the people you do not want to associate with. Life is too short to have people killing your vibe, so do yourself a favor and find people that will build you up instead. 

4. Smile And Laugh Often

Smiling and laughing through the toughest of times is a great reminder that there are better smiles and laughter waiting for you soon!

5. Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff

Didn’t do so hot on that exam you studied all night for? Don’t sweat it! Although it may seem like your whole life is crashing down because of it, remember that it doesn’t define who you are and it’s just a minor detail in the wonderful life you have!

Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.