Thumbnail courtesy of Pexels
Photo by Jess Watters from Pexels
When thinking about Valentine’s Day, I always feel like the guys have it easier. I know some might think flowers and chocolate is simple and a cliché, but I love that stuff! But, what do we get the guys? Flowers are too feminine, and I guess chocolates work, but is there something more we should get them? Over the past four years, I have struggled with this same problem. My past gifts have been so bad that I honestly can’t even remember them, but this year will be different, I swear! Here are my top 5 ideas for your SO:
- Take him on a dinner date. Take him to a place that is memorable like the place you went for your first dinner out or a nice sit-down restaurant. (Warning: restaurants will be busy, so call ahead for reservations, or go before or after Valentine's Day as an "I owe you," and not have to deal with the long lines)
- A watch with a cheesy card that says, something like, “Now, you can count the hours we are together.” Or if your boyfriend is often late – this is another great reason!
- Do something with him that he enjoys that you do not. For example, watch a football game with him!
- Try something new! Be adventurous, maybe you will both find a new passion!
- Make him something! Things made by you and from the heart are the most meaningful presents!
I hope your Valentine’s Day is full of romance and joy.