freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Romantic Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Coming up short for ideas on what to do this Valentine’s Day? Here are some quick date ideas that hopefully can inspire a decision that can make the 14th a special day for you and your loved one!

1.)  Ice skating at Millennium Park ♥

If the weather permits, ice skating at Millennium Park in downtown Chicago would be unforgettable. Not only is it a healthy physical activity to do together, but it is also the one activity where holding hands is must (unless you are a pro skater). To add on, you have the beautiful Chicago skyline as your backdrop.

Hours: Monday-Thursday, Noon-8 p.m.

Friday, Noon-10 p.m.

Saturday (Through Jan. 4), 10 a.m.-10 p.m.

Saturday (Beginning Jan. 11), 10 a.m.-9 p.m.

Sunday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.

2.)  Dinner at The Signature Room 

One of the most iconic buildings in Chicago, The John Hancock Skyscraper, will take you up to its 95th floor where you and your significant other can enjoy a romantic candle-lit dinner while being surrounded by the amazing aerial city-view. On Valentine’s Day there will be a special gourmet four-course menu options to enjoy from 5-10 pm.

3.)  Geja’s Café 

Another unique dinning experience at Chicago is located in Lincoln Park and termed one of “Chicago’s most romantic restaurants.” Geja’s Café features unique fondue dining and live classical music. On the 14th, there is a special four-course dinner package that also includes being given a Geja’s keepsake at the end to remember the special evening.

4.)  Navy Pier Cruises 

Cruising on the waters, view of the bright Chicago skyline through the windows, live music to dance to, and the amazing selection of food will definitely make this a special night between you two. Navy pier features two cruises each with their own individuality. The Spirit cruise has a more festive and high-energy environment while the Odyssey is more upscale. Whichever you choose, you can be guaranteed an enjoyable night out.

5.)  Cute romantic dinner at home 

Having a cute romantic dinner at home can save the trouble of a loud packed restaurants, finding parking, waiting for a table, etc. Nothing is more romantic than cooking for your loved ones and being in an intimate setting of just you two enjoying each other’s presence. 

Hope this little list will help spark some ideas and make the 14th a special day for you and your loved ones. Happy Valentine’s Day! 

Young is currently a junior at University of Illinois at Chicago. She is studying psychology and economics and is still trying to figure out what exactly she wants to do in the future. She is a member of Phi Sigma Sigma, and is also a tutor for Chinese at the school. Outside of school she is a waitress at the most delicious sushi restaurant in the world, Sushi O Sushi. She has a passion for food, traveling, netflix, working out, sleeping, James Franco, wine, going out with friends, and writing for HerCampus.
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.