5 Products for the Busy Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Throughout the semester, we often find ourselves running around trying to finish everything on time while keeping our sanity. We may sometimes forget to wash our face or moisturize, causing a lot of damage to our skin. From going to class, work, and doing homework, taking a shower may seem like it takes a lot of time away from our productivity. Those who want to wear makeup, often don’t have the time to do it. So here are five products to help you take a quick shower, make washing and moisturizing your face easier, and to help quicken your makeup routine to make time for all of your other priorities.

1. Micellar Water

Micellar Water will be the death of your entire makeup removing routine. Although it’s now making its way into the States, it has been around for over one hundred years. Micellar Water contains micelles, which are oil molecules found in soft water that attract dirt and oil. This solution is suitable for all skin types. The only thing you have to do here is add a little bit of the water on a cotton pad and wipe away! There are various brands that sell Micellar Water, so choosing the brand is up to you.

2. BB Cream

BB (Beauty Balm) cream has various products within one. Many of them have a built in primer, provide coverage, help with dry skin/oily skin, perfect, conceal, etc. So on the days where you do not have time to sit down and do your foundation routine, reach for your BB cream for an all in one product. Again, many cosmetic brands have come up with their own BB creams, so find the one that best works around your skin and budget.

3. Pantene Ultimate 10

We all know about 2 in 1 shampoo’s, but do we know about shampoo BB creams? Pantene has a BB cream for your hair that offers ten benefits. Those include:

1. Repair for Rough Hair

2. Strength Against Damaging

3. Silky Softness

4. Brilliant Shine

5. Smoothing

6. Moisture

7. Frizz Control

8. Heat Protection

9. Manageability

10. Tamed Flyaways

This line has a shampoo, leave-in creme, conditioner, and most importantly, a 2 in 1 shampoo AND conditioner.

4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist

Face mists are great if you are running out the door and need to just spray your face with a refreshing mist. I recommend The Body Shop’s Vitamin E Face Mist. It can be used day and night to moisturize the face, and set makeup for those special days.

5. Tinted Lip Balm

It is important to not only keep your skin moisturized but your lips too. For a touch of color, try Nivea’s Care & Color, or Burt Bee’s Tinted Lip Balm. Nivea’s Care & Color has the lip balm in the center and color on the side to give you moisture and color as you glide it on your lips.

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.