5 Places to Visit in Chicago During the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.
Winter break is approaching! If you live in the city or are planning to come back for some fun, check out these five places in Chicago that are especially fun during the holidays. 
1. Winter Wonder Fest at Navy Pier
Navy Pier is fun year round, but during the holidays, they get extra festive. PNC Bank hosts the Winter Wonder Fest, an event filled with rides, an ice rink, cookie decorating stations and much more! All inside of course, for our winters are harsh. If you are interested in going, check out their site and Groupon for a special deal for two tickets to the fest!
2.  Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo
Free at the Lincoln Park Zoo, this beautiful display of lights and animals will sure to lift spirits. 
3.  Christmas Around the World at the Museum of Science and Industry
This years theme is Robot Revolution. Check out their collaboration with Google.org and the Boeing Company for this fun theme on Christmas. 
4.  Ice Skating at Millennium Park
Millennium Park is a very touristy attraction. In the winter they put out an ice skating rink below the Bean so make sure to check that out. While you’re there, make sure to check out the Christmas tree. This is the first year the park hosts the big Christmas tree that Chicago puts up every year. 
5. State Street and Michigan Ave.
The Light Show passed already, but you can now walk down the Magnificent Mile and State Street and admire the beautiful lights and holiday decorations. If you happen to be by State Street, check out the Walnut Room Restaurant inside of Macy’s. They have a huge tree in the middle for you to admire while you enjoy your meal. 
Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.