Style > Beauty

5 Lifesaving Hairstyles For Girls With Naturally Curly Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1. Buns In General

Whether up in a lazy top-knot, slicked back into a low bun, or up in two space buns, buns are the way to go when you have day two or day three hair.

2. Half Up-Half Down

This one is great when you want to show off your curls but keep them away from the face. All you have to do is split your hair from above your ears and tie it back. You could twist the pony into a bun for a little something, or split the hair at the crown for a higher pony or bun look.

3. Head Wrap

All you need for this one is a long scarf (I prefer ones with cute colors and patterns). I bought mine at the thrift store for probably $3 each. This tutorial by harmonicurls is my favorite at the moment.

4. Pineapple

Just tie your hair up in a really high ponytail and let your curls loose! Leave out some strands by the ears and top of your hairline area for a softer, more romantic look. Great for those days you just don’t want to deal with your hair.

5. Low Ponytail

Part your hair at the middle, or whichever side you prefer, and slick it down into a low ponytail. I recommend doing this style between the second and third days, because, on wash day, the hair doesn’t stay down as well.

Destiny is a second year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She's double majoring in Communications and Latin American and Latino Studies in the hopes to pursue a career in Journalism. In her free time she enjoys dancing, and traveling (preferably at the same time). IG: @that_curly_haired_girl
UIC Contributor.