nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Items To Put On Your Holiday Wish List For An Easier Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

When you’re in college, you tell yourself you can get by without a real corkscrew (you’re pretty handy with some scissors and a knife) but now you have the perfect excuse to ask for some gadgets that will make your life significantly easier.

1. A Cart

When I got one of these, my arms thanked me. Dragging groceries for a few blocks seems fine until you’re actually doing it. This is multifunctional (works just fine for a few cases of…root beer?).

2. Waterproof Shower Speakers

Because sometimes you just need to blare Celine Dion in the shower to mask your sobs.

3. A Portable Charger

For when your phone is dying, it’s 1am, and you’re on the train…

4. Single Serve Coffeemaker

I started drinking coffee in college when my roommate had a Keurig. I’ve never made a real pot of coffee and I’m darn proud of it. Sounds like too much work.

5. A Quality Water Bottle (With a Filter)

I don’t know how I functioned without my reusable water bottle. Oh yeah, I drank from the water fountain and was also destroying my Earth with plastic. Don’t be that person.

Christiana is a Communications major with a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Originally from a very small town in central Illinois, she spends most of her time exploring the city. She enjoys live music, poetry, and cheesy indie comedies. Catch her around campus to talk about the latest in hip-hop releases.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.