5 Fashion Tips For College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

College Fashion Week is here and we couldn’t be more excited! Collegietes will be taking over the catwalk in NYC, Boston, LA, and Chicago to show off the latest fall trends. To get you in the spirit of fashion, here are 5 fashion tips for the fall season!

1. Add a choker

Adding a choker to your outfit is a simple and cute way to spice up your look. It’s subtle yet edgy, and goes well with almost every outfit. Whether you chose a slim or thick one, chokers are a must have this season.

2. Pick up some thrift shop sweaters

As the chilly weather kicks in, sweaters are a must! One of the best places to look for fall sweaters is your local thrift shop. They’re affordable, and comfy, and brings in the vintage 80’s vibe…and you can never go wrong with vintage!

3. Get with the color scheme

Picking the right color scheme can be a crucial part of your seasonal outfits. Lean towards earthy colors such as browns, dark greens, mustard yellows, and maroons. Earth tones really set the fall mood!

4. Try space buns

Messy buns are a trend of the past, this season is all about the space buns. Space buns are a unique way to add a little something special to your look.

5. Wear some turtle necks

Turtle necks are making a comeback this season. Turtle necks look good on nearly anyone and not to mention they’re super comfortable.

Put these trends into motion when you attend Chicago College Fashion Week on October 15th!

For more information and tickets, visit their website

UIC Contributor.